Saturday, September 14, 2013

Relaxed Arkansas Gameday

Since we have been out of town for the last two weekends, I was really looking forward to sitting at home and watching the game this weekend.  While in Florida, I followed the game on Twitter and last weekend in Oklahoma I didn't have enough phone service to follow much of anything.  My parents, sister and brother-in-law, and Natalie came over this morning to hang out and watch with us.  I made a few new recipes (jalapeno popper pulls, saltine toffee) and a few classics (my aunt's lemon bundt cake and cream cheese with spicy cranberry jam).  I usually make a big effort to serve only red and white dishes (that's where my cream cheese with spicy cranberry jam comes in) but I didn't want to do much planning for this weekend.  I love a spicy jam over cream cheese served with Ritz crackers and I had been waiting on an occasion to use the jam we got in Austin, so this was perfect.  I think I could eat the whole plate of it by myself!

My favorite new recipe was P. Allen Smith's Razorback Pom Pom!  I made a couple of adjustments and the result was perfect.  This is definitely something I'll be making again!  (I used cranberry-pomegranate juice and pomegranate vodka).  This photo also makes me think of Christmas, so I'll keep it in mind for that as well.



Our local station that was airing the game had a little bit of an issue with color...where's our Razorback red?!  Just before halftime everything on the station turned a shade of blue.  It was funny and of course my twitter feed was filled with witty comments on the problem... #bluepigsooie! 


My brother in law has been working with Natalie on one of her newest "tricks"...




Touchdown Arkansas! :)

1 comment:

  1. Little did we know how bluepigsooie it would be!!!

    ReplyDelete