Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Wardrobe Wishlist


A new season always leaves me wishing to update my closet.   There are a lot of pieces that need replacing (every year when I unpack my seasonal clothes there are a few things that just don't suit me anymore) and a lot of pieces that have proven they deserve to be in my closet in more than one color or print.  This summer, I'm liking:



1.  J McLaughlin Gilchrist Dress.  I just bought one of these earlier this year and already can't wait to get another (or five).  Super comfortable and flattering and so easy to throw on for work (no ironing!) or a day out.  I love all of the bold prints.
Factory Winnie pant in stretch twill



2.  J. Crew Factory Winnie Pant.  I try on the Minnie pant at J. Crew every time I go in, but the Winnie just fits me better (maybe the inseam is slightly shorter? or the ankle is slightly wider?) so I keep going back to these.  Unfortunately, I have them in black, navy, and a pretty red-orange called flame...but they don't make these in enough shades!  I check in on the site frequently hoping for new ones.









FINAL SALE - Worth Shift








3.  Lilly Pulitzer Worth Shift.  Sadly, the Worth Shift isn't available anymore, so I spend way too much time every week scouring eBay pre-owned ones. :(  There are plenty of cute new styles this season, but nothing fits me like the Worth.



4.  While we're at it, let's throw in the Lilly Pulitzer Roslyn Skirt, too.  See above note.













5.  Jack Rogers Napa Valley Navajo.    I'm loving all of the cork around this year, and who doesn't need another pair of Jacks?  










6.  Vineyard Vines Seersucker Scallop Hem Margo Skirt.  

     Seersucker?  Scallops?  Sold!















Perfect shirt in suckered gingham




7.  I love the J. Crew Perfect Shirt and want to make this precious pink suckered gingham my next one.  I went through a phase where nearly everything in my closet was pink, so I bought other colors for a long time...and now I have almost no pink!  I'm working on remedying that. :)


  






J Crew Seville wedge espadrilles, $128




8.  Although I love wearing color, I tend to wear neutral shoes. My go-to black summer shoes are nearing the end of their time. I think these J. Crew Seville Wedge Espadrilles are great for work and still summery and fun enough that I'd want to wear them outside of work, too.







9.   I am usually a stud earring kind of girl and most of them are a bright, solid color.  I own several pairs of Kate Spade ones, but not any in hot pink!  A lot lately I've put together outfits that I think would look so much better with a little touch of pink...so these Kate Spade Small Square Studs are definitely on my wishlist.  


10.  I've been wanting a crossbody bag for a while, but I'm quite picky.  I want something simple and small to wear at antique stores, farmers markets, etc. but something that is still cute enough to take out at night if I don't want to deal with a clutch or regular purse.  This Tory Burch Stacked "T" Leather Small Crossbody is perfect.  I love the leather and the skinny adjustable strap.  The only problem is I want both the brown and the black!



No comments:

Post a Comment