Sunday, April 20, 2014

Making the Most of Spring

There has been a definite lack of posting lately, but not because of a lack of activity! 


A few weeks ago, we went up to Wye Mountain to take advantage of the huge field of daffodils.  We enjoyed barbecue, nachos, and bratwurst, and took tons of photos...



and a few girls were "renting" bunnies.  We borrowed Coconut for some especially precious photos. :)


(And I couldn't resist a little cuddle time, too!)


Last weekend, we helped host a gender reveal party for some of our sweet friends.  We made lots of pink and blue sweets, like my blue macarons with strawberry filling...


and my sister's brownie bites and mini cupcakes.




And found out they're having a boy!!!


And today, we hosted a family picnic for Easter!  I used my assorted vintage tablecloths and Mom put together some arrangements for the tables at our neighborhood pavilion.


I made Ina Garten's Pineapple and Carrot Cake, which received rave reviews!


And white cupcakes with buttercream icing and tons of fun toppings for the kids to make their own masterpieces.


 Natalie loved the Easter egg hunt!


 And I can't resist showing off James and Lilly's Easter baskets :)




1 comment:

  1. Love every part of this post!!! The pictures are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete