Friday, February 7, 2014

Five on Friday

This is my third Five on Friday!  Hope you'll join us. :)
Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

1.  Cupcakes
I've been baking a lot lately.  Some of my favorites are cupcakes because they're so much fun to decorate and way easy to transport.  I made chocolate-chocolate cupcakes for my cousin's 9th birthday and topped them with Hot Wheels, candy rocks, and crushed Oreo "dirt."


For a coworker that is having twin boys (!!!) I made these white cupcakes with pale blue buttercream icing.  These are my favorite, I think.  So simple.


2.  Europe
James, my parents, and I have been talking about taking a trip to Europe together forever.  Well, we've finally picked dates and I've requested time off for May!  We plan to visit Paris, Bruge, Munich, Salzburg, Venice, and Interlaken.  My parents have done quite a bit of traveling on the continent (we lived in Germany for several years), but what are some lesser-known places that you'd suggest?  And what should I pack?  I'd love your ideas--especially for shoes!

3.  Wakarusa
Well, after leaving Wakarusa last year we said we wouldn't do it again this year...but then the line-up was released!  I'm a huge Flaming Lips fan and James is a huge Infected Mushroom fan...so it looks like we're going.  That time off has already been requested, too. :)  Anyone else going?


4.  Super Bowl
There's not a lot I'd like to say about the game...but planning the menu is always one of my favorite parts of any event, so I'll just show off a few of the snacks we made. :)  James smoked pork shoulder and made bourbon BBQ sauce (which I canned).  I also made this delicious vinegar-based slaw and the Neelys' grilled potato salad (one of our staples).  I also made a buttermilk chocolate sheet cake and cut it into little footballs and my mom made these adorable orange shortbread cookies with blue and orange sugar.  The biggest hit was probably the Charleston Cheese Dip.  (Can you tell I love Deep South Dish??)  What did you have for the Super Bowl?




5.  Family Picnic
We had a brief "warm" day last weekend, so my parents and sister's family met us at at the park for a picnic.  There are few things I love more than a picnic and Natalie really enjoyed the playground.  I was even able to snap a few shots of a woodpecker! :)  I absolutely live for days like this.






No comments:

Post a Comment